Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Fall is in the air

It seems that fall arrived this weekend.  Yesterday afternoon, I was cold with my capris, short sleeve shirt and sandals ... so I put on my fuzzy slipper socks.  I checked the house temperature and it was 70* at 2 pm.  After awhile I decided I was still chilly, so I changed into jeans and a shirt with 3/4 length sleeves.  

Last night, we  added the quilt on top of our fleece blanket ... and I didn't kick them off in the night.

Fall is definitely in the air! 

Today, I took a lesson from yesterday and wore jeans and slipper socks from the beginning.  I have on a short sleeve shirt, but I keep finding the window next to my desk closed.  Someone else must be chilly, too.  But they haven't figured out how to stop dressing for summer, apparently.  I usually have to play "clothing police" for 3 seasons ... reminding people to dress appropriately for the temperatures, not their fashion preference.  Hmm ... never mind, all four seasons since I have boys who try to put on long sleeve shirts in summer sometimes.

This is my favorite season!  I love the cooler temps, the autumn colors, the lack of Spring rain, the knowledge that my favorite holidays are coming ... Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I love hot cocoa, Christmas shopping, good books, dark evenings, and old movies with afghans.  Speaking of afghans ... as soon as these current kittens are sold, I'll start draping afghans around my living room again.  We have fleece blankets out still, but the afghans only come out when it's really cold.

The year is 2/3 over and my baby will be 1 year old in 2 weeks.  The cooler temps seem to jump-start my Christmas thoughts and plans.  I am reminded I need to shop for family, work on next year's photo calendars, and make holiday plans. 

For now, I'll just relish the cooler weather and try not to think about Indian Summer.

Trusting In Him,
April

2 comments:

  1. Laura@kidsofcharacter.comSeptember 2, 2009 at 6:38 PM

    Fall is my favorite season too! Unfortunately my body does not take to fall as nicely. I have a puffy face, swollen bloodshot eyes, stuffy nose and am sneezing like crazy, but I love this weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and it has arrived here, too! :) The last two days we've had highs around 82. With a cool breeze. Remember, I live in central Alabama! Mornings have been around 60. Very odd for the first week of September, but I'm enjoying it--and the break in my a/c bill. The only thing is we've got to get more firewood for the winter now! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!