Friday, October 30, 2009

My Fall Decor Project This Year -- Table Cloth

In the past I've made fall wreaths, and table displays with cloth leaves.  It's been a few years since I created anything, and my original wreath has long since been tossed out. 

This year, Steve found a Fall fabric on sale and asked me to make a table cloth.  He had 3 yards of this plaid tablecloth with candy corn and pumpkins on it, but it wasn't quite wide enough for our table.  So we also chose a burnt orange fabric that matched it to attach for the sides.

I cut the orange fabric in half, lengthwise, to make two sides for our table cloth.  Then I sewed it with straight seams onto the long sides, and zig-zagged the seam edges for extra strength.  After that I  folded the short edges under and hemmed them. 

It took less than an hour to sew our table cloth, and we all love it!  We usually keep a clear vinyl cover on our table, so we slipped this under that.  We can still wipe off our table after meals, but we also can enjoy the rich fall colors.





In retrospect, I wish I had cut the orange fabric in thirds, and then cut the dark plaid fabric in half.  I think an orange stripe down the center would have been a nice touch.   

Trusting In Him,
April

1 comment:

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!