Monday, November 23, 2009

Easy Holiday Cran-Apple Fruit Salad

On Saturday we attended a potluck dinner for our 4-H Achievement Banquet .  Unfortunately, I was lacking inspiration on what to prepare.  Just after lunch, I finally started flipping through cookbooks looking for ideas. 

I settled on a cheesy scalloped potato recipe, but had to take shortcuts by microwaving the potatoes for awhile before putting them into the crockpot.  (If you're curious it was Potluck Potatoes from the Fix-It And Forget-It Cookbook.) 

But, I still needed a second dish.  I started flipping through the desserts and salads in the cookbook my church put together.  I found a Cranberry Jello salad that sounded good, but I didn't have fresh cranberries to boil into syrup, and didn't have time to mess with letting a jello set-up.  BUT I decided to take some of the ingredients and improvise my own fruit salad.  It was easy and delicious!  (If you like the tartness of cranberries, that is.)

ElCloud's Easy Holiday Cran-Apple Fruit Salad

Ingredients:
2 (16 oz.) cans of whole-berry cranberry sauce
3-4 apples, cored and diced
1 cup mini-marshmallows

Directions:

1.  Open both cans of whole-berry cranberry sauce and pour into a 2 qt. bowl
2.  Use a spoon to break up the cranberry sauce.
3.  Cut apples into wedges, removing the core.  Skin can be left on, or peeled off. 
4.  Cut apple wedges into small pie shaped slivers.
5.  Stir apples and mini-marshmallows into the cranberry sauce.
6.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.

That's it!   It looks beautiful, and it's delicious!!

Enjoy!!

Trusting In Him,
April