Thursday, November 19, 2009

My crown sparkles, how about yours?

Proverbs states that gray hair is a crown of splendor, or glory in the King James Version.


"The glory of young men is their strength, gray hair the splendor of the old."    Proverbs 20:29

"Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life. "  Proverbs 16:31

I admit I always thought that was a poetic and figurative way of saying we should honor those who are old. 

Until I realized that some of my silver hairs sparkle in the light.  I've got one in particular right at the top of my bangs that just shines under the light above my mirror.  And then there is that one at my temple that winks at me from time to time.  I have more than one gray hair, but these two sparkle!

I have my own tiara!!  I've never been one to wear a tiara, but I can live with this one.  And I confess my vanity is thankful my gray hairs are silvery white ones instead of flat gray ones. 

My crown is going to be beautiful and white!  But for now I have a sparkling tiara.



Trusting In Him,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!