Monday, December 14, 2009

Not Me Monday -- Toddler Style



My toddler was NOT playing in the toilet this morning.

I did NOT think his hands were wet from the dog water, and hold him on my lap for awhile.

It was NOT half hour later when I heard the splash splash and realized he was playing in the toilet. 

I did NOT suddenly realize why his hands were wet earlier.

I did NOT discover it was actually an unflushed toilet ... and he did NOT have two toothbrushes in his hands.

I did NOT loudly exclaim that he should NOT be putting 14 yo A's and 12 yo R's toothbrushes in the toilet.

They did NOT hear me, as I did NOT intend ... and they did NOT become very grossed out.

It was NOT actually the 1 yo and 3yo's toothbrushes instead of theirs, and I was NOT teasing them.

I did NOT enjoy hearing them say Eeewwww !!

Click on the banner to visit My Charming Kids blog to see what others are NOT doing today  (as soon as she makes the post for others to link up with today).

Trusting In Him,
April

4 comments:

  1. Ewwwwwwwwwww!!!! That post sends shivers up my spine. My 15-month-old loves playing in the dog's water bowl, I can only imagine the toilet is next!


    ~Elizabeth

    http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you could joke with your older kids at a moment like that!!! We have not had to completely replace a toilet because of a toothbrush in the toilet that became clogged. Oh my! GREAT post!


    http://loveyoumucho.blogspot.com/2009/12/not-me-monday_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like something that would happen at my house-and has happened in a similar way! Another thing that has happened is my son was cleaning his toenails with my toothbrush for 2 weeks before I found out about it! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!