Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I'm just feeling bored ...

I confess I'm feeling bored, and I shouldn't be.  I have a lot of work to do, and there are always projects I can tackle with the kids.  But ... I don't want to.  I think I'm exhibiting the "entertain me" whining that my kids sometimes fall into.

So I started looking at the list of curriculum yet to be assigned or shipped for the TOS Homeschool Crew, dreaming of the next curriculum "high" I could receive.  And then it dawned on me that being a curriculum junkie is somewhat akin to being an adrenaline junkie.  I don't want to sky dive or swim with sharks, but I can't wait for the next new product to arrive in my mailbox or inbox.

Speaking of which, the application process for next year's Crew is going to be starting soon.  I'll definitely post about it here, as soon as it's released.

Being on the Crew is serious business.  You have to test the products and write reviews on each one you're assigned.  You have to turn them in on time, and you don't get to choose what items you want to receive or not.  But it's also an incredible blessing, and lots of fun!

If you think you're interested in being on next year's Crew, start thinking and praying about it now.  If you have any questions about the Crew, or what it's like to be on the Crew ... ask me!  I'll start a new post to answer questions, if anyone has any.

In the meantime, I guess I'd better go start another load of laundry.  I wonder if I can stay awake if I try to read a book?

Trusting In Him,
April

3 comments:

  1. ha ha, April, enjoy the calm before the storm! Soon you will be too busy to be bored. *Ü*


    ~Michelle (from the Crew)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that way sometimes, too-bored when I shouldn't be, but don't feel like doing the things that I should be doing. LOL Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll admit it - I'm a curriculum junkie too. Maybe there's a rehab clinic for us somewhere!


    Janet W

    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/wdworkman/

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!