Sunday, January 17, 2010

Looking forward to 2010

I know I shared the other day that I wanted 2010 to be a peaceful year for our family.  But I was thinking more about that, and wanted to explain what I meant.

2007 was a year of financial struggles as DH lost his second job and we were maintaining two homes, waiting to move to our homestead.  We were beginning to lose hope.  Finally in late 2007, we were able to move here, and began to rent our old home.

2008 was then a year of adjustments.  We were here, but struggling to adapt to a new lifestyle of early to bed, early to rise, long commutes, higher utility costs, and living outside of town ... trying to make new friends in a new home.  Baby G was born, Steve's Dad and Grandma died, Steve's Mom's alzheimers became more obvious.  A hard hard year.

2009 was the year of grieving, adjusting to the changes, fitting a new baby into our family, settling family affairs, and adjusting to my role as a product reviewer with outside deadlines to meet.  We added chickens, had a larger garden, participated in 4H, added new cats to our cattery.  Juggling demands all the time.

2010 ... I just want peace.  No matter what the new year brings, I want to handle it with grace, trust in God, joy, and peace.  I want to create a haven for my family and be a stabilizing influence.  I need wisdom to know how best to provide that haven for my family.  I need God to help me achieve this.  I need His presence in my life daily.  I need to infuse my life with His Word and prayer.  I can not let myself think I am too busy for this sustenance.

Trusting In Him,
April

1 comment:

  1. I can so relate to what you're saying. I need to rely much more on God to produce peace in my life, my home, and my homeschool.


    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a word of encouragment. You're a blessing and encouragment to many moms.


    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!