Monday, February 22, 2010

A little update ...

I haven't been posting as much lately, and I'm sorry.  To be honest, I haven't been feeling very creative.  And a lot of my spare time has been spent napping, or lying around feeling nauseous. 

Yes, I'm pregnant.  I'm about 8.5 weeks along, and I really don't have much energy.  I'm not saying that to gain sympathy, and I don't want to be a complainer.  I just thought it might help you understand the lack of personal posts on my blog.  I should regain my energy within 4-6 weeks, and I'll try to resume more regular writing then.

We've been watching the Olympics over the last 10 days, staying up too late on many nights to see the end of a competition.  Yes, we got satellite television last month, and we're still trying to sort through the multitude of shows to decide what is actually worth watching or allowing the children to watch.  That can lead to some interesting "discussions" as a family.  I'm sure anyone who has television or views movies as a family knows what I mean. 

My 1 year old and 3 year old have been a bit wild lately.  They are really getting on each others' nerves and squabbling a lot more.  At other times, they pair up to do very naughty things ... like redecorating my walls.  I thought we had broken our 3 year old of coloring on the walls, but apparently not.  In our old home, we'd use a Magic Eraser to scrub the walls, but we had a semi-gloss paint there.  Here we have a very old flat paint.  It's bugging me enough that I'm going to try a Magic Eraser anyway.  Even if it scrubs some of the paint off, it can't be any worse than dirty scribbled walls.

Other than that, we're just continuing on with daily life and homeschool.  We're all eager for Spring and warm weather.  The cold and snow is definitely "old news".

Trusting In Him,
April

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations April! I pray peace and rest arrive as a gift from your Father, just as He has gifted you now.

    The creative sparks will once again burn soon, I am sure. I was in that place recently and realized I should have embraced the quiet! Although, I imagine "quiet" is an Olympic dream for you! LOL

    ~ Becky P. from There is Hope Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, April! How exciting that your family growing. I am praying for your stamina and that the baby is growing well! Hopefully your oldest/older ones ar ebeing helpful to you and eagerly helping the little ones. It's times like this that you can use the hep so you can rest and let your body do what it needs to for the baby! I am very happy for you and your family.


    Kymberlie from mychildsview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, April!!! So excited for you! Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops-that was me above. Holly

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!