Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Had my 22 week prenatal yesterday

Everything was good.  I'm measuring right on for 22 weeks, and baby's heart rate was good at 162.   My blood pressure was perfectly normal, not elevated at all.  I was particularly surprised by that considering the fact that I was still trying to get re-hydrated from the bad stomach virus that had hit me the day before.

I had gained a little bit of weight, and likely would have gained more if it weren't for being so sick the day before.  That's only significant because I lose weight at the start of most pregnancies and don't regain my pre-pregnancy weight until around 20 weeks.  I think I had regained my weight at my 18 week prenatal this time.

The surprise was that I had a bladder infection, and had no clue.  I'm guessing it had only taken hold during the dehydration of being sick the day before.  I was still dehydrated, too, so I had repeated reminders to drink more water.  I'm going to go pick up some medication today for the infection, and am also adding cranberry into the mountain of pills I'm supposed to be taking each day.  I'm starting to feel some mild symptoms of the infection, but if I didn't know I had it I'd probably still be ignoring the symptoms.   I'm glad they caught it early.

We scheduled my ultrasound for Friday morning, and hope to know the baby's gender after that.  There is a battle waging in our home.  The boys are hoping for a boy to "even up the score".  The girls are wanting another girl, since they think 3 boys under age 10 is enough already.  ;)  They also pointed out that we had boys back-to-back once, and they can't stop wrestling, so we wouldn't want to do that again. *rolling eyes*

Of course, it's all in God's hands, and has already been decided.  We're just anxious to know.    I'm partly anxious so I can get the right set of baby clothes ready, but also because I think Steve will finally get serious about discussing names with me once we know the gender of the baby.  At least, I hope so.

We have a busy weekend ahead of us,  and I likely won't be able to blog until Monday.  But I'll be sure to report the baby's gender as soon as I get a chance.

Trusting in Him,
April E.

4 comments:

  1. Hooray, all is well. I am glad they caught your infection. Drink more water! I just had to say that. I need to do that myself and there is no baby on the way!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I can't believe you're at 22 weeks already, April! I'll be anxious to hear the baby's gender. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. APRIL! Yer PREGNANT! OH *CONGRATULATIONS!* I have been away far too long... You've made my day! ~smile~ (((((HUGS))))) sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!
    Maybe a guess for a girl with the heart rate being 160's !! Sooo exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!