Monday, June 7, 2010

The Kemp's Ridley Sea Turtles



Last summer, we were blessed to be able to watch a Kemp's Ridley Sea Turtles hatchling release.   When we returned home, I blogged about the experience (with pictures) , and how the park rangers help protect the hatchlings' journey to the sea.

I was thinking about the sea turtles today,  and decided to look for more information on them.  (They're so cute!)  I found three websites with great information, but I was surprised to read that these endangered sea turtles are at risk because of the Deepwater  Horizon oil spill.  I don't know why it hadn't occurred to me sooner.  I think because I knew that the North Padre Island nesting area isn't in the area where the oil is reaching shore ... but I forgot about how the oil in the Gulf will affect all the sea creatures.



Aren't they just the cutest little things?

Three great websites about Kemp's Ridley Sea Turtles:

April E.

1 comment:

  1. So adorable. What an amazing experience. The oil will affect all life ( animal and human ) for years. It is sad. I have to believe that the Lord is in charge and this too can be made for good.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!