Thursday, July 1, 2010

One of my favorite things about homeschooling ...

I love when my young readers finally gain confidence enough to read a book to their younger siblings.  It touches my heart because it is a kindness shown to a younger sibling, and it shows  confidence in the skill they have worked so hard to achieve.   Some of my children have had to work harder and longer than others to gain that confidence, but I'm thankful I can say I have taught 5  of my children to read.

I wouldn't trade the frustrating moments, the forgetful moments, the brick walls we sometimes ran into for anything ... especially not when I see them reading a book aloud to a younger sibling, simply because they want to.   It always brings a smile to my face, and a sense of satisfaction to my heart.

Just like it did today when 6 yo M read a book to 1 yo G.   It made G's day, and my day!

April E.

1 comment:

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!