Monday, August 30, 2010

Heard in my family recently ...

Sometimes the craziest things can be heard around here:

"There is a POOP MONSTER!  Really!  I know it." (4 yo L)

"You don't smell like a Christian."
(13 yo R. She blames the youth pastor, who apparently said something about smelling like a Christian.  I blame her twisted sense of humor.)


"Sometimes I tell the truth, and sometimes I don't.  I didn't tell the truth earlier today, but I'm telling the truth now." (4 yo L)

"Mom I need help with my math.  Mmmm.  You smell good.  What did you put on?"
"Deoderant."
"Yep, that's it!"

(13 yo R.  For the record, I didn't stink before I put on deoderant.  It was just a flowery scented deoderant.)


"Mom, I stuck my tic-tac up my nose.  It won't come out!  I want it out!"
(6 yo M ... in the middle of worship at church.)


"Your eyebrows are purple.  It looks weird."
(6 yo M ... also in the middle of worship at church.   He meant my eyelashes, but they weren't purple, either.  My eye liner above my eyelashes was purple.)

"That's the baby's bed.  It's in the living room because we don't have room for the baby."
(4 yo L to guests.  Actually, the bassinet is in the living room so I don't have to worry about not hearing a napping newborn wake up.  The baby will sleep in my bedroom at night.)


"She never gets up.  She's lazy!" (4 yo L to guests regarding one of her teen sisters.)


Shaking my head and giggling,
April E.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love reading things like that. I make notes of what my kids say, but really love hearing what other kids say, too! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh April! It's so much fun, isn't it?

    Annie Kate

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!