Friday, August 27, 2010

I love my new bookshelves!

I know I referred to my new bookshelves the other day, but I wanted to share pictures.   My husband helped my 13 yo build a bookshelf for her 4H project, which she entered in the fair.  They had some issues following the pattern, so she got a red ribbon (good) rather than a blue (excellent) or purple (state-fair quality).   But I don't care!  I love it.


I placed it behind my recliner in the living room.  I had to switch the loveseat and recliner's positions to make the bookshelf more accessible, but it wasn't a problem at all.  The kids all agree with me that they like its new position better.

I stacked two milk crates next to it for some of our school books and review materials.  The basket next to the milk crates is also full of review materials.  These items used to sit on the floor at the end of the loveseat.  I like them stacked much better.



This rocking recliner is where I sit to rock our little babies,  plan school lessons, and grade their work.  I'll be spending even more time in this chair once our little baby arrives.

(Eventually I'll have a second bookshelf just like this one, but it will be placed in the kitchen, I believe.)

Last night, Steve installed the wall brackets to secure our newest bookshelf (bought from a used bookstore that was closing) in the hallway.  This is the first thing you see when you walk in our door.


The girls helped me gather up books to fill it.  Half the books came off the smaller (falling apart) bookshelf it was replacing.  The other half came from other bookshelves that were full, and were double-shelved.  Now, the rest of our bookshelves aren't overflowing so much.

There are still some books stacked in front of other books, but they are no longer completely blocking the back row of books.    Now we can actually see all of our books!

I'm just so thankful for my  2 new bookshelves, and can't wait for that last one.   Maybe now we can find the time ... someday ... to actually organize the books by category.    Someday.

April E.

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! That is beautiful-what a nice job she did! It looks like blue ribbon material to me for sure. :) Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, April! You can never have too many books or bookshelves. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them~the crates too~soo great to have book cases incorporated into our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great to have new shelves for books!! I love books!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!