Thursday, August 26, 2010

Want to see what my sweet husband did for me?

He cleaned this hall closet and organized it for me.  Of course, he did have an ulterior motive.  He was looking for the lost key to the fire-proof safe, so he could access some paperwork he needed.  (We'll be requesting a replacement key, because he didn't find it.)  You can't see it in this picture, but there are also lots of shelves and cubbies on the right wall.


Please ignore the ugly hall paint color.  We need to repaint.


It was on my "to do list" before baby arrives, but I hadn't gotten to it yet.  Last week, we couldn't even walk into this closet.  The floor was cluttered with stuff, including four dining room chairs, which were waiting for the big waiting-room-style chairs to leave our dining room so they could take their place.  Now that we've had our yard sale, the super-sized chairs have left, and these chairs are out of the closet and into the dining room.


Why is this such a big deal to me?  Because the door of this closet no longer closes!  Well, that's not true.  It can close, but it takes a LOT of work to slide it open.  The track of the pocket door has been damaged over time.  I have to put a knife under the bottom edge, and lift ... and slide ... and hope it wants to cooperate.  Sometimes it does.  Other times, I have to wrestle and fight and make a big scene to get it open.   Since we need to access this closet often, we have just been leaving it open for most of this year.

There is even room to walk INTO this closet now!  No more climbing on and over stuff to try to get to the spare diapers.  Thank you, Steve!

April E.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!