Friday, September 10, 2010

37 weeks pregnant today ...

It's nice to know I'm now in the "safe zone" and baby could come at any time and be full-term.  But, she's not likely to come anytime soon.

None of mine have ever come early, except the one the Dr. induced ten days early ... for reasons I'm still unclear about ... but was too ready to be done to care.  I think he thought the baby was getting too big, my blood pressure was starting to get too high, and he was afraid I wouldn't make it to the hospital.   I think, but he never really said why, and I didn't ask.  I just said, "YES!"

How am I doing?  Honestly, I'm tired.  I need more naps and sleep, even with the cooler weather.  And I ache.    Totally normal, I know, but I'm so ready to deliver this little girl and stop aching.  I'm ready to be able to get up from the couch or recliner easily.  I'm ready to be able to sit on the couch or recliner, and hold a toddler on my lap without being uncomfortable.

I have fall allergies giving me sniffles and sneezes, too.  Thankfully, not any headaches, but still an additional discomfort.

I am feeling rather unmotivated, unfortunately.  I'd like to just spend the next 3-4 weeks vegging out while I wait for the baby, but I can't.  School still needs to proceed, housework needs to be kept up, and I need to stay on top of (actually ahead of) my review due dates.

We  had thought we'd try to have company over every weekend between now and the baby, but after looking at our calendar together yesterday, we realized we had too much going on for the rest of September to fit in any more guests. The 3 families we hosted over the last two weekends will have to be it for now.

I'm impatient to meet this sweet baby girl and hold her.  I want to see whether she's chubby or thin, what color her eyes and hair are, and whether she's a sleepy baby or an alert one.   I want to smell her baby newness, and rub my cheek against her cheek and hair.

To be honest, almost everyone I know who is/was due around the same time as me will be having their babies early by c-section or induction for different medical reasons (four ladies, to be precise).  Though I am happy for each of them, it does make it harder to wait, to be honest.  I do know one other lady, due a week before me, who is also just waiting.  That helps.

One day at a time.  One week at a time.  I know she will be here very soon, even if it feels like forever at this moment.

April E.

5 comments:

  1. Mrs. Dora Lee ( Phillips ; )September 10, 2010 at 5:31 AM

    * Do you need me to substitute teach your kids, so you can have some pre- & post- maternity leave ? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Dora Lee ( Phillips ; ) WhitneySeptember 10, 2010 at 5:33 AM

    * W H I T N E Y ! = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dora, we'll persevere through these final two weeks. I plan to take the last week of Sept. off, and all of October off. We started early so we could do that, and we'll go a bit late to catch up in the Spring, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy! It's not long now. I will be praying everything goes well. It is hard to wait. I hope you can get a little more rest and I am glad you are not going to have more company.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes! I've now had three C sections, and the best thing I can say about that is we always have the baby at 38 or 39 weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!