Saturday, September 18, 2010

Baby V is here ... a little bit early!

We really did not expect her for another two weeks.  But Wednesday morning, my water broke.  I wasn't sure at first, because it seemed so unlikely.  But shortly after lunch, it became very clear that it had indeed broken at 37 weeks, 5 days pregnant.   Unfortunately, contractions didn't start on their own, so we agreed to an induced labor.

12 hours after pitocin was started, Baby V was born.  She shares a birthday with our previous baby, 2 yo G.   We even delivered in the same room her brother was born in, exactly 2 years before.    She was  8 lbs. 1.4 oz ... even though she was 2 weeks early.  She has dark hair and chubby cheeks!

She and I came home yesterday, and we're enjoying being with the family again.  Hospital rooms are boring, uncomfortable, and noisy.   Nothing to do but flip through TV channels, listen to nurses talk to hard-of-hearing patients nearby,  take care of the baby, and wait for the meals to be delivered.  We much prefer being at home, and sleeping in our own bed!  Besides, I don't have to keep apologizing for accidentally hitting the "call nurse" button instead of the "tv" button at home.  *blush*  (I eventually learned how to reach up and cancel the call ... though sometimes I wasn't fast enough.)

The children are loving Baby V and take turns holding her.  She's starting to fall into a 2 hour feeding schedule now that my milk is coming in.  Everything is going well, and 2 yo G is in love with her.  We sit on the loveseat together, so he can snuggle Mommy, too.

Abundantly Blessed,
April E.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Glad that everything went well, and that mommy and baby are doing so good. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and WHAT a great surprise!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Wow! 8 pounds and two weeks early! :0 That is a good, healthy baby!
    I'm glad all went well and that you are both home :)
    Enjoy - you know too well how quickly they grow!

    Blessings,
    ~ Kristal ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I'm sure your family is very excited. Thank you for sharing the big news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. God bless you and your family and your sweet, wee blessing!!!!! My second was like that~my water broke, but I didn't go into labor for thirty hours. Not an easy birth! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, and welcome to baby V!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!