Monday, November 1, 2010

2010 Gratitude Challenge ~ Day 1


I'm in the middle of the Fall/Winter Clothing Switch.  I used to be able to accomplish this task all in one day.  If I start the process with all the laundry washed, folded, and put away ... I still can do it in just one-two days.

Unfortunately, I did not start the process that way this year.  Additionally, we had a busy weekend with several events that took all or part of the family away from home.  So my living room is a disaster.

Despite the mess, though, I am thankful that my family has warm clothes for winter.

I'm thankful for hand-me-downs from others, yard sale finds, sales, and thrift stores that keep my family well-clothed.

I'm thankful that though there are gaps we need to fill in our wardrobes, I am not having to buy complete wardrobes for all ten of us.

I'm thankful for a basement to store my boxes of clothes in rather than our closets (as we did in our old home.)

I'm thankful for willing hands who carried the boxes upstairs for me, and will carry them back down again.

Visit Garden of Learning to see other participants in the 2010 Gratitude Challenge.


We are blessed!
April E.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! We all need something warm to wear for winter. What a great Mom you are to sort through all of that for your family. Thanks so much for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Mine was similar - I chose warm coats. Looking forward to reading your challenge posts this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a very good thing to be grateful for. That is a big job to tackle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The seasonal clothing switch out can be a huge undertaking. I still keep finding summer things that need to be stored and we have snow on the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good post! You have much to be thankful for - warm clothing and helpful hands!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!