Thursday, November 18, 2010

2010 Gratitude Challenge ~ Day 18


Every family has one.  If they don't, they should have one.   The extrovert.  The mimic.  The story teller.  The life of the party.

We have one.  We might have a second one in training.

Our 13 year old R is "the one".  She's our extroverted, people-loving, giver.  She has a big heart, and sometimes a big mouth.   She loves to entertain those around her (which can make schoolwork interesting), and she usually has a smile on her face.

She is my right-hand helper in the kitchen.  She often takes over supper preparations for me so I can deal with one of the younger children.  She bakes much more often than I do, and she's likely to get my pantry organized while I'm still trying to figure out when I can get to it.   If I'm busy preparing supper, she'll have the baby or toddler in her arms keeping them happy for me.

She can motivate her younger siblings to clean the house quickly better than I can.  Apparently the rally-call of a sibling is much more motivating than the command from a parent.   Although I do suspect she uses bribery to get them to speed up at times.  She knows the worth of a candy stash saved up for these situations.

R loves to be with people, give gifts to people, and work with people.  The worst punishment in the world for her is to have to do something alone.  She brings joy to those around her, and we are blessed to have such a beautiful young lady in our family.

Visit Garden of Learning to read more Gratitude Challenge posts.


April E.

7 comments:

  1. What a blessing your daughter is! I have a 12 year old kinda like her. She's a real motivator in getting others to help in cleaning and making it fun. A BO too! (That's Born-Organizer -- it took me a loooong time to figure out what BO meant; I always thought it meant body odor!) I'm happy to find your blog and will definitely visit a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know as the more laid back sister, my funny, cheerleading, organizing sister made me a better person. Thanks for letting us know a little bit about R. She sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She sounds like a blessing. I'm glad that your daughter is such a wonderful helper and motivator for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a daughter like this one too. Sometimes she can rally the troops....but that one is typically the son's job (rallying). Aren't girls and especially the helpful ones, great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww~soo sweet to have such a good girl! And glad she's so helpful! What a real blessing!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter sounds wonderful. It is so nice she is such a big help. Having a 13 year old daughter who likes to bake and cook, I know what a great blessing and help that can be.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!