Tuesday, November 2, 2010

2010 Gratitude Challenge - Day 2


I'm very thankful that I am able to homeschool my children.

I'm thankful that it's legal for me to do so, and that I don't have to hide the fact that I'm homeschooling.

I'm thankful that our laws allow me to homeschool without heavy government intervention and supervision.

I'm thankful I'm allowed to use Christian curriculum that presents a Godly worldview to my children in all our subjects.

I'm thankful for support from other homeschool families, both locally, and over the internet.

I'm thankful that homeschooling allows me to spend more time with my children ... yes, even on days when they've lost their math workbooks, they are bickering 90% of the time, and I have to keep dragging them back to their schoolwork.

I'm thankful that I was able to teach my oldest five children to read, and thankful that I get to teach the next 3 to read, as well.

I'm thankful that I get to be the one who shows them where South Africa is on the map, explains their multiplication tables to them, shows them where they messed up that math problem, and explains the beautiful and the ugly sides of history to them.

I'm thankful that homeschooling allows us all to know each other better, and allows us to really work on conflict-resolution and relationship skills.  ;)   (That's code for helping them learn how not to fight, how not to argue, and how not to insult each other.)

I'm thankful that homeschooling allows me to better develop my patience, and my reliance on God.  I'm not naturally patient, but I'm more patient than I used to be ... most of the time.

Visit Garden of Learning to find more Gratitude Challenge entries.


Abundantly Blessed,
April E.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for your post. I agree, these are all wonderful blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whooot! YOU GO Mamahomeschooler~WE ARE blessed to be able to have this lifestyle~and future generations will rise up and call you blessed! THANKS April for your inspiration today! Have a blessed day~hugs!! and

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful that I can home school as well (post about it coming later this month). So glad to hear your kids lose their workbooks too! (Me: You never take them out of this house, How can you lose them?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homeschooling is a wonderful opportunity that should never be taken for granted.

    Blessings,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. My grateful post is also about being grateful that we have the freedom to homeschool. What a blessing it is to be able to teach our children!

    Have a wonderful homeschool day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great things to be thankful for, April. And well stated. I only wonder whether you will continue to be as thorough with every entry as the month progresses. I will have something to learn about gratitude from you, if you do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOoh ... another gratitude challenge ... to be thorough. LOL!!

    Jill, this is me: "If you'd stay at the table with your schoolwork, we'd KNOW where your math book is."

    ReplyDelete
  8. If it were me: if you'd put it away in your backpack where it is suppose to be, you'd know where it is.

    Great post and I am thankful for that freedom as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!