Saturday, November 20, 2010

2010 Gratitude Challenge ~ Day 20


Today I'm thankful for my first son, 9 yo J.  He's had to put up with 3 older sisters, who wish he was a little less "boy".   Unfortunately, I didn't have any brothers, and I'm very much a "girl mom" learning how to be a "boy mom".  I've been trying to convince his sisters that he's a perfectly normal boy, and that it's OKAY for him to wrestle or act like a boy.  They're not convinced yet.

J enjoys working outside with Steve, and learning woodworking with his Dad for 4-H.   He has always enjoyed creating things from scraps, and drawing.  He continually raids the recycle bin for his creations, and often asks if he can have one of my boxes to make a pirate ship or a space ship.

He loves legos and model sets, and would rather use his hands or ride his bike than read a book.   He loves his younger siblings and often plays with the 2 yo and 4 yo.   He has an active and creative imagination, and a bright mind.  He takes it into his own hands to fix broken toys, or adjust a riding toy that no longer fits a younger sibling.

He's a blessing, and I enjoy teaching him each day.  I look forward to his new creations and his ideas.

Visit Garden of Learning to read more Gratitude Challenge posts.


April E.

6 comments:

  1. Our two sons love legos too. I enjoyed reading your post. Thanks for sharing about your son. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your son. I have a 9 yr old son as well and he also loves Lego's and helping his dad. It is so much fun to see their excitement and pride when they can help fix things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often marvel at how boy genes work. They definitely are made differently! My ten year olds can run me ragged - but they are truly a delight. I love being a boy mom. Your J sounds like a treasure. Thanks for telling us a little bit about him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those boys are special. They can be so creative and enthusiastic in such a different way than girls. Your son sounds like a wonderful boy. My older son loves his Legos, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Samantha Davis, Venture Gained. Venture Gained said: ElCloud Homeschool: Busy Minds, Busy Hands, Busy Feet » 2010 ... http://bit.ly/bmm9fx [...]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love being a boy's mom~glad you have some boys~he sounds adorable! Have a blessed evening! hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!