Wednesday, November 24, 2010

2010 Gratitude Challenge ~ Day 25


I am blessed.  I'm not only blessed with my husband and children, but I'm also blessed with my original family.

I'm blessed to have two Christian parents, who love each other, love their children, and are still married.   We didn't live in fear of divorce growing up, even though they did occasionally fight.  We knew they were committed to each other, loved each other, and knew how to forgive each other.

I'm blessed to have 3 sisters who are my friends.  I'm blessed that I enjoy them, and enjoy talking to them.  As the oldest, I admit I'm not as close to my youngest two sisters, who are 7 years and 17 years younger than me.  At the time I lived at home, 7 years was a big age difference.  Now it's much more minimal.  But despite our age difference and how long I've lived away from home, I enjoy who each of my sisters are, and I enjoy spending time with them.

I'm blessed to have two brothers-in-law who love my sisters.  I'm blessed to have the two cutest nephews in the world.    I'm blessed to have Christian grandparents who always showed me their love when I visited.  I'm blessed to have 28 aunts and uncles who love me and are just fun to be around ... even on facebook.  I'm blessed to have umpteen-million cousins to enjoy.

I'm very thankful for my family of origin.  That's such a strange and formal phrase.   But it's the only way I can think of to differentiate between the family I grew up with, the family Steve and I are raising, and the family I've married into.

Visit Garden of Learning to read more Gratitude Challenge posts.


Blessed,
April E.

6 comments:

  1. WHAT a wonderful blessing some don't enjoy~have a beautiful day! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Venture Gained, Samantha Davis. Samantha Davis said: ElCloud Homeschool: Busy Minds, Busy Hands, Busy Feet » 2010 ...: Posted on November 25, 2010 by April E. (ElClo... http://bit.ly/gfMMVR [...]

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are blessed indeed! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Growing up in a loving family is a wonderful blessing indeed! I hope you enjoyed your day with family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving! Very blessed indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is wonderful to grow up feeling secure. I'm so glad you have such a wonderful and loving family. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!