Thursday, November 25, 2010

2010 Gratitude Challenge ~ Day 26


I know I posted yesterday that I am blessed, but I'm saying it again.  I am blessed.   I'm blessed with the family I married into.

I'm blessed that my mother and father-in-law accepted me and loved me.  I'm blessed that they knew how to keep their noses out of our business.  I'm blessed that they lived close by, yet didn't interfere.   I'm blessed that they enjoyed watching our kids when they were younger, and we had fewer children.

I'm blessed that Steve's brother and sister (and their spouses) have always been kind and accepting and have loved our children.  I'm blessed that we have always enjoyed our visits with them, especially on the holidays.

Steve's father died from diabetes complications 2 years ago, and now his mother has early alzheimers.    I am blessed to have known them both when they were in better health.  I'm blessed to be able to help care for Steve's Mom as she ages.  I will not view it as a burden, but a blessing.  She has blessed us, and now we can bless her.  (No, she doesn't live with us, and probably never will.)  I'm thankful for the role Steve's siblings also play in this process.

You hear the horror stories of terrible in-laws.  I'm thankful that my in-laws make it easy to honor my husband's parents.

Visit Garden of Learning to read more Gratitude Challenge posts.


April E.

4 comments:

  1. Mrs. Dora Lee ( Phillips ; ) WhitneyNovember 26, 2010 at 2:47 AM

    * It's sweet 2 see Steve's mom's face glow w/ love, when she looks at her grands, surrounding her at church. She's so gentle & kind 2ward them. We appreciate your family. My mom liked 2 quote: " If U can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. " I try 2 remember that, & be optimistic. We all need 2 vent at times, tho'. Hopefully, we do so in a healthy way.~

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Homeschool News, Samantha Davis. Samantha Davis said: ElCloud Homeschool: Busy Minds, Busy Hands, Busy Feet » 2010 ...: 2010 Gratitude Challenge ~ Day 26. Posted on N... http://bit.ly/g7il1c [...]

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is nice when the in-laws accept you as their own. I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!