Monday, November 29, 2010

2010 Gratitude Challenge ~ Day 29


Today I'm thankful for the small group Bible study Steve and I have been attending.  We've met together for 8 weeks with 9 0ther Christian couples to complete the  Raise Up A Child study by Phil Tuttle, president of Walk Thru The Bible.

It's been a good study, with encouraging conversations, and wonderful fellowship.  We haven't been able to stay and visit as long as we'd have liked since our teens were watching our younger kids, but we've still enjoyed getting to know the other couples better as we learn about godly parenting.

I confess that my perfectionist tendencies often leave me discouraged as I focus on my failures and weaknesses instead of my strengths.  As we progressed through the study, I realized I was doing this, and had to work to think of things I was doing well instead.  Postpartum hormones probably didn't help.

I'll miss the small group time, though I know our kids are glad it's almost over.

Visit Garden of Learning to read more Gratitude Challenge posts.


April E.

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoy group bible studies. This sounds like it was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your small group Bible study sounds like it has been a blessing to your family--and you have learned and grown through it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice that it was for couples! As a fellow perfectionist, I understand your focus issues. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. Dora Lee ( Phillips ; ) WhitneyNovember 30, 2010 at 5:46 AM

    * We enjoy the Tues. nt. group at Swenson's. We've been studying The Fruit of The Holy Spirit : Love, JOY, peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Meekness, & Self-Control. McNutts & Rothfuss' are the other 2 couples. Last yr., we called ourselves the " Flying the Coop Group ", since our young are spreadin' their wings ! ~ It's good 2 be w/ people who can relate ( ages & stages = )

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!