Wednesday, November 3, 2010

2010 Gratitude Challenge ~ Day 3



Last night as we were tucking our children into bed, our 6 year old asked Steve how people become Christians.   Steve asked him if he wanted to become a Christian, and he said yes.  I joined them, and we sat on the bed together to talk about what it means to be a Christian.

I asked him if he ever did anything wrong, to which he said, "Sometimes" with a mischievously guilty grin.  I then asked him what that was, and he said it was sin.  So we talked about how sin separates us from our holy and perfect God.  He showed me that he understood that Jesus died on the cross as payment for our sins, so we wouldn't have to.  And then we prayed with him.

He said he'd already prayed before we came in, but that he wanted to be sure he'd done it right.  So we did it again, though I know God looks at the heart and the sincerity there, not the words that are prayed.

Today, I'm thankful that my five oldest children have each asked God to forgive their sins, and have chosen to follow Him as their Lord and Savior. I pray that they will continue to follow Him, and that my remaining children will also choose to do so.  May God help me to be a faithful example to them.

What are you thankful for today?  How do you disciple your children?

Visit Garden of Learning to read more Gratitude Challenges.


Rejoice!
April E.

7 comments:

  1. To God be the glory! What a wonderful blessing. Congrats to your son and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AMAZING! Glory to God! Thank you for brightening up the day! Angels are rejoicing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rejoicing with you, what a joyfilled blessing to see our children come to Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the best thing to be thankful for. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Thank you for sharing something so special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful story. Bless his heart.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!