Friday, November 5, 2010

2010 Gratitude Challenge ~ Day 5


Today I'm thankful for chocolate caramel creamer in my coffee before my kids wake up.

I am a night owl by nature.  I was never able to get up early for more than a few days in a row before my husband would practically beg me to sleep in again.  Getting up early doesn't work very well unless you also go to bed early, which I wasn't good at doing.  Neither was he.

Life situations change, though, and we've had to start putting ourselves to bed earlier and getting up MUCH earlier.  Now instead of craving late nights of quiet after the kids are in bed, I enjoy early morning quiet with my coffee before they get up.

At the moment, I share about half my early mornings with Baby V, snuggling her while I catch up at the computer and enjoy my coffee.   She keeps me warm on these cold Fall mornings, and she makes me smile.

Now, I think I'll go refill my coffee mug.

Visit Garden of Learning to read more Gratitude Challenges.

Be Blessed!
April E.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I'm a late owl and maybe the ticket to change is enjoying quiet in the morning instead of at night. I'm afraid I'll wake the little peeps up though.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!