Monday, November 8, 2010

2010 Gratitude Challenge ~ Day 8




My 2 year old is a snuggler.  He has been a snuggler from birth, and he hasn't outgrown it yet.  Somewhere just before the age of one, he started rubbing our arms when he was tired or snuggling.  We didn't realize it until we pulled out our long sleeves for that Fall after he turned one, and he started trying to get his hands up our sleeves.

2 yo G still rubs our arms, and he still needs lots of lap-time.  It's easy to get frustrated when he's wanting to be held again, or when he's trying to get his hands up my sleeve while I'm working.  But I try to remind myself this is a short time.  Soon he'll be 6 or 9 and too busy being a ninja or jedi (like his brothers now) to want to snuggle with me.

So today, I'm thankful for toddler snuggles to treasure.

Visit Garden of Learning to read more Gratitude Challenge posts.


April E.

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet time to treasure~such a blessing you understand him and his needs too~Have a snuggly blessed day! hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me just want to grab up my lil one and snuggle away! Of course, he's wide awake now which means he'll be like "no way! I'm busy!" :) Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss toddler snuggles. Give an extra snuggle to G for me please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet snuggles are a good thing to be thankful for. Some children are slow to outgrow them while others are much faster! Enjoy those snuggles at least a little every day while you can! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet. And don't worry too much about him getting older. My 9 yr. old son still loves to cuddle, even when he is wearing a Jedi costume.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!