Tuesday, November 9, 2010

2010 Gratitude Challenge ~Day 9


Today I'm thankful for the humor that preschoolers bring to our lives.  Those 2-5 year olds just make us smile by the things they do, and say.   Our 4 year old has a strong personality, with lots of opinions.  She makes us laugh all the time.

We attended a 4-H award ceremony banquet recently,  and I emerged from a bathroom trip to realize I could hear her singing as soon as I exited the bathroom.  She was 30 feet away from me, and I could hear her.  As I hurried back to our table, I could see her sisters telling her to hush, and others at our table smiling and giggling as they listened to her.

At least they weren't upset.

The girls told me she was singing a made up song about family.  It went something like this:

Family.  Family.  Family.  Family.
Why do I have a bird for our baby?
Family.  Family.  Family.  Family ...


Those are the only lyrics I actually remember them telling me, but it was a long song.

Last night the older girls were quizzing her on what she'd do if she was lost.  That didn't turn out as they expected.

Girls: What would you tell a policeman if you were lost?
4 yo L: (stating full name)
Girls: And your parents' names?
4 yo L: Steve (insert last name here)
Girls: And what else?
4 yo L: He's handsome!

Just a few recent moments when she made us laugh, but she does it all the time.

2 yo G is still a man of few words, but he's working on his humor, too.  He likes to tease, even if he doesn't talk much.  If you ask him a question, he'll give the opposite answer from what you want, with an ornery grin on his face.     That's my boy!

Children really do brighten your day.  What are some funny things yours have said or done lately?

Visit Garden of Learning to read more Gratitude Challenge posts.


April E.

6 comments:

  1. Every age is sweet, but I love the little things "toddlers" come up with. Their imaginations are awesome.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww~such fun! AND wishing you a beautiful day! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss that stage. It's so much fun (and work). The joy, innocence, and laughter of a child is something to be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My preschoolers definitely make us laugh, too--sometimes while trying to hold back tears! Yes, something to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet. I really do miss those days!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!