Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ Page 23


click image to visit The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY:  February 23, 2011

Outside my window... Everything is brown.  The trees are brown and bare, the yard is brown, the pasture is brown.  The only thing not brown is the small wheat field near our house, but it's a sad shade of yellow-green at the moment. I'm looking forward to an explosion of green next month.



I am thinking...
about Spring flowers and bouquets.  How I really need a purple lilac bush and some deep purple butterfly bushes to complement the yellow and orange flowers that grow in my yard each year.


I am thankful for...
my home.  I've been trying to update some of my wall decor, and thinking of ways to beautify my home.  I think I need to start with de-cluttering again.  Clutter distracts from any beauty I create.  I have a long way to go.  Stuff is taking over, and clear spaces are disappearing.


From the learning rooms...
we are learning about King Xerxes of Persia and Queen Esther this week.  I've heard the story of Esther, of course, but I'd never heard about King Xerxes (or his father Darius') war with the ancient Greeks before this week.


From the kitchen...
the smell of  coffee, calling my name.  I haven't yet planned supper, so I should begin to give that some thought.



I am wearing...
still wearing my Tinkerbell pajamas, hair in a pony tail, socks and Crocs instead of slippers.  I'll need to shower and dress before long, so we can go into town today.


I am creating...
um ... nothing other than a Christian home environment with lots of educational opportunities.  I'm not writing any reviews at this moment, still testing items out for future reviews.  I haven't yet started this month's Curiosity Files drawing, though I have found reference photos to help me.  I am not actively working on any plans for the garden or homeschool or anything, either.  My mind is mulling over some re-organization projects, but I haven't yet found workable solutions, so I'm not even creating that yet.  I guess I'm resting and preparing for future creative efforts.  *smile*


I am going...
to fold laundry, and wash laundry and try to conquer the backlog of laundry I let pile up after a busy weekend.


I am reading...
The Christian Mama's Guide to Having a Baby, a review book.  My children teased me that surely I didn't need to read that after eight children.  I told them I figured that made me the perfect person to review it, since I've read so many other pregnancy books already.  (No, I'm not pregnant.  I just couldn't resist the chance to review it.)


I am hoping...
that Chick Days has started at the Town & Country and Farm & Home stores.  I'm going to check them both tonight when I take the kids to church.


I am hearing...
Baby V starting to wake up, fussing a bit in my bedroom.  Everyone else is still sleeping, but I need to go pick up the baby.


Around the house...
seven sleeping children, one awake baby, one Persian cat staring longingly out the window, and one large Sheltie dog lying beside me waiting to be let outside.   Scattered toys, stacks of schoolbooks, and clean laundry ... all waiting for people to give them attention today.


One of my favorite things...
sunshine streaming through our large living room windows.  We kept the blinds pulled tight through the past few months to hold in warmth and block out the cold drafts.  Now I find myself throwing them open to let in the sunshine, even on the colder days.  I just need to see the sunshine right now.


A few plans for the rest of the week:
Finish our schoolwork each day, get caught up on the laundry (for now), begin drawing my Curiosity Files artwork, shop for chicks, clean house, and finalize plans for Steve to take the older children to Winter Jam this weekend.


Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


I looked over at Baby V yesterday morning and found her playing in a sunbeam, in her exersaucer.  I tried and tried to get a photo of her, but she was so intent on her toys that she kept looking down at the last second.  I finally caught her looking up at me, with a toy in hand.


Loving life with my family,
April E.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!