25 Things NOT to ask your kids ... because you probably won't like the answer:
- WHAT were you THINKING?!?!
- WHY did you DO that?!?!
- Am I embarrassing you?
- What were you whispering about? (implying it had better not be me)
- WHERE are your CLOTHES?
- Were you eating MUD?
- What do you want to eat? (hot dogs and ketchup and ice cream)
- Are you ready to go to bed? (ha ha)
- Did you use soap?
- Don't you want to sleep in your OWN bed?
- Has anyone seen the puppy?
- Is that mud ... or poop?
- Can't ANYONE pick up the baby, or are we just going to let her cry?
- Do I have to do EVERYTHING around here?
- WHAT did you SAY?
- Don't you care about their feelings? (not at the moment)
- Is that how you want to be treated?
- What are you eating now?
- Does anyone want to help me? (silence usually follows this one)
- Do you know how to do this chore? (the answer is usually no)
- Didn't I tell you NOT to do that?
- Didn't you hear me calling you? (huh?)
- Was that a kind thing to say/do?
- Hey, isn't that your friend so-and-so over there? (pointing helps)
- What schoolwork have you finished already? (again ... the silence)
Unfortunately, these are all things that I have said in very recent days. I'm sure you can imagine some of the answers I got.
What question have you asked, and then regretted?
Rejoicing in Family,