Thursday, July 21, 2011

One birthday closer to 40

This week I turned 38. 38 years old. My parents were 38 when I graduated high school and went to college. In two years I will be 40, and I will be sending my first child off to college after graduating her from our homeschool.

 

I have been reconciling myself to a new face and figure in the mirror.  When I look in the mirror, I see my mother (and many other mothers of teens and young adults) looking back at me.  I may still have young children, but I am no longer a young mother.  I'm an ... experienced mother.  And I look like it.

 

I guess that's not a bad thing.  It's who I am.  I'm 38.  I have 8 kids, and I'm two years away from sending one off to college.

 

But, at the same time, I feel like I'm getting used to a new skin.  Sometimes I feel like one of my teens, finding it hard to like many of the pictures I see of myself.  I need to get over that, and just get used to the older me.

 

I'm thankful for each year of my life, and all the experiences that have brought me to this place.  I'm happy and I love my life!  I just don't love the extra fluff that has settled on my body.  I need to work on that.

 

Loving my life and my family,
April E.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!