Thursday, March 29, 2012

I need a really nice ABC book!

I just realized I don't really have a good ABC book.  Some of the ones I had have finally given out after 15 years of use.  Others go through the ABC's but not with pictures or examples that can help a child remember what sound the letter starts with.  I still have Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, but although it is fun and helps kids learn the alphabet order, it doesn't work as well for focusing on sounds.

So what is your favorite ABC book? 

Do you have a favorite one that has beautiful pictures?  

Or one with an excellent story that also manages to help children learn to recognize the letter, its order in the alphabet, and its sound? 

Do you have different favorites for each of those learning stages (letter recognition, alphabet order, letter sounds)?

My 3 year, my 6 year old, and I thank you in advance for any recommendations you can give us!

April E.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!