Thursday, August 16, 2012

Review: Full Disclosure by Dee Henderson

Title:  Full Disclosure
Author: Dee Henderson
Publisher:  Bethany House
Releasing: October 2, 2012
ISBN: 978-0-7642-1089-1

I was very excited to be able to read an Advanced Reader Copy of Dee Henderson's latest novel, Full Disclosure.  She has been one of my favorite authors for years.  I've read her books several different times, and I've recommended them to others, as well. I couldn't resist the chance to be one of the first to read her newest novel.

One of the first things I discovered as I began to read Full Disclosure was a familiar setting.  Paul Falcon is an FBI agent, and his friends and colleagues all had some very familiar names.  Several of the O'Malley family members were popping up in the very first chapters. At first I was a bit confused, as it was obvious that these were the O'Malleys, but not all the last names matched.  I was trying not to be bothered by that oddity, when the book gave me a surprising plot turn that explained the differences.

Paul Falcon may be an FBI agent, and next-in-line to lead a wealthy and powerful family, but he's looking to settle down and find a wife.  He stumbles across Ann Silver, a cop who brings him an important lead on one of his most difficult cases, and finds himself very intrigued by her.  As he begins to ask about her, and seek to get to know her, he finds surprises waiting around every corner.  Not only is Ann a cop, she's one of the best murder cops in the midwest.  Not only is she well-respected and highly-connected, but she's also a published author who has fictionalized the stories of her friends' lives, per their request (thus the name differences).

The more that Paul knows about Ann, the more interested he is.  Ann is a mystery, a puzzle, and full of secrets. Ann and Paul find their lives (and their work) entwined together as the story unfolds, but can their friendship move past the secrets into a deeper relationship?

I thoroughly enjoyed reading Full Disclosure.  I love the way Dee Henderson develops her characters, and fills her stories with suspense, faith, and romance.  Full Disclosure is a satisfying addition to Dee Henderson's previous novels, tying together characters from the O'Malley series and the Uncommon Heroes series. 

You can read more about the novel and view the book trailer at http://fulldisclosurenovel.com/.  You can also interact with Dee Henderson at the Full Disclosure facebook page, and enter to win a signed copy of the book when it releases on October 2, 2012.  Don't miss out on this great book from Dee Henderson!

An Advanced Reader Copy of Full Disclosure was provided free to me for review purposes.  I was not required to write a positive review and these opinions are my own.

April E.

1 comment:

  1. I just got the ARC of this book and am hoping to start it this weekend. It's been a long while since I've read the O'Malley series. I hope I will remember some of the characters that appear in this book. Great review!

    Stop by my blog http://www.atticgirl.com for some other titles you may like to read. I'll be having an upcoming giveaway of a teen novel next week.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!