Friday, August 24, 2012

What's making you smile today?

Today I'm smiling as I watch my children enjoy music.  My oldest two daughters have become Gleeks.  They're not allowed to watch the episodes until the kids are all in bed, but they do sometimes watch certain songs with the kids.  Which means that a lot of the kids have decided they're Gleeks. 

My 15 yo just bought herself a couple Glee CDs so she can enjoy the music whenever she wants, and they're listening to it for the first time.  All of my kids are singing along, and even dancing, to the music. 

3 yo G is running around singing "Sweet Caroline, bom, bom, bom" over and over.  Except it sounds more like "Tweet Care ... bom, bom, bom" when he sings it. 

1 yo V is singing without words, and dancing as only she can.  She loves music so much and can't help but smile and dance when she hears music.  She often sits and sings to herself, her own little tunes, with her own little gibberish words.  Sometimes we realize she's singing something recognizable like "Jesus Loves Me" or "Head and Shoulders Knees and Toes" (with actions).  It makes us smile whenever we catch her doing it.

I'm glad they all enjoy music, because I love music.  But right now ... I have a couple kids I need to go direct back to their schoolwork.  We'll get lunch, but then a few of the olders need to finish their work.  The younger ones are finished, except for doing their Five In A Row unit study with me.  Which means I need to eat lunch and get myself back to work ... teaching.  :)

So what are you smiling about today?  What special thing are your kids doing?  Just take a moment to watch them ... I'm sure you'll find something to smile about.

April E.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!