Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Have you tried the new Carmex Lip Conditioner?

It's time for another Carmex Blog Squad review.  Last week they sent me two tubes of their new Carmex Everyday Lip Conditioner to test.  I was supposed to use one myself and give one to a friend.  Well, my 15 year old daughter decided she was the friend who needed to help me test it, so I gave one tube to her.  I used my tube for 3 days before my 17 year old daughter started talking about how dry her lips were and her sister wouldn't share the Lip Conditioner.  So, yes ... I gave my tube to my 17 year old daughter.  I guess I'll have to buy myself another tube.

When I was a teen my Mom taught me to rub my hand lotion on my lips in winter.  It worked to help heal my lips, but it tasted really bad.  I soon discovered that if I put lip balm over the hand lotion, it covered the taste, so I always followed the lotion with lip balm.  But Carmex has made a creamy lotion that is specifically for our lips ... and it doesn't taste bad.

The Carmex Everyday Lip Conditioner has a very light orange flavor and scent that is pleasant.  It's a creamy lotion with 13 different moisturizers that comes in a tube with a slanted tip.  The slanted tip has a tiny hole in the center.  It only takes a dab of lotion squeezed onto the tip to moisturize your lips.  Just rub it all around and let it soak in.  The Lip Conditioner doesn't show at all, and doesn't leave a waxy or greasy coating on your lips.  You can wear it alone, or top it off with your favorite lip color, lip gloss, or lip balm.  Because it soaks in, with no visible evidence, it's also perfect for the guys in our family.

I really liked how well it moisturized my lips. I put it on every evening when I went to bed, and in the morning when I woke up. My lips weren't terribly chapped, but I could tell that using this on a regular basis would help prevent winter dryness and chapping, and heal them if they were chapped.  But as I already stated, my daughters also really liked the Everyday Lip Conditioner.  My 15 year old daughter was already lamenting the fact that she only had ONE tube of it, and she was afraid she'd run out soon.  I guess that means we'll be replacing the tube for her when it's gone.  She seems to have found a new favorite!

If you're looking for stocking stuffer ideas this winter, the Carmex Everyday Lip Conditioner would make a perfect gift for the guys and the girls in your life.  It would also be a great addition to a gift basket for a woman, or anyone who was in the hospital. We'll be adding it to our shopping list!

April E.

Carmex Blog Squad provided me with two tubes of Lip Conditioner in order to write this review.  I was not given any other compensation, and the thoughts and opinions in this review are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!