Monday, February 4, 2013

Just a little thing, but so important

Right now, in these final 5.5 weeks, our baby boy is putting on fat, putting the final touches on his kidneys, liver, and lungs.  Every time he gets the hiccups I know he's practicing breathing, preparing for birth.  But I've also noticed that sometimes I can see and feel his breathing movements (not hiccups) through my own belly, when he's pressed up against it.  I love looking down, seeing him breathing, and knowing that he's getting ready to be born and take his first big breath of air.

I'm still praying for a healthy baby and uncomplicated delivery.  Okay, to be perfectly honest I'm also praying for an easier and faster delivery than the last couple.  God may not see fit to grant me that request, but I know several women who did have very easy and fast deliveries out of the blue after several harder ones.  I can hope, right? 

When I see my belly moving in time to his "breathing", not mine, I smile.  I realize that it really isn't that far away, and soon he will be in my arms, and his Daddy's arms, and all 8 of his siblings' arms.  Because there will be a line, a cry for "my turn", as they each meet their new little brother.  When I think about that, it makes it a little easier to not worry about the whole labor and delivery part. 

Waiting sort-of-patiently,
April E.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you're getting so close to holding that baby April! Wonderful things are coming. Yay!

    I'm a ways behind you - I'll hit 17 weeks this week. Still nice and comfy and pretending labor and delivery are not in my future...LOL.

    ReplyDelete