Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Five Things I'm Thankful For


I thought this year instead of blogging daily about things I'm thankful for, I would do it intermittently.  I just don't have the energy to do it daily.  They may not be long, or eloquent, but there will be one for each day of November, posted periodically.

1. I am thankful for bedtimes: for bedtime stories, bedtime routines, pajamas, hugs, kisses, prayers, and quiet.


2.  I am thankful for all my boys. For the three oldest freshly "sheared" handsome boys, for my hot husband baking goodies for 4H tomorrow, and for the sweet baby sleeping in my lap.

3.  I am thankful for 4-H and teens. I complain about 4-H a lot, but I'm thankful for the opportunities it gives my kids to learn new things, stretch, grow, and be recognized for their work. I am also thankful for noisy teens hanging out in my living room, having fun together.

4.  I am thankful for sunshine and my really large living room windows to let the sunshine in. I hate when we have to close the drapes in winter to stop the drafts.

5. I'm thankful that my kids like each other. It may drive me crazy that they get so easily distracted by talking, but it is also neat to hear them call out to each other, wanting to share something they read or heard or thought about. They may fight like brothers and sisters, but they are also good friends.

Giving Thanks,
April E.

1 comment:

  1. Would LOVE to see you come link up and share you posts with me :) http://kelseyhomolka-keepingupwithkelsey.blogspot.com/2013/11/30-days-of-gratitude-link-up-series.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!