Saturday, November 23, 2013

Giving thanks for Goodwill and other blessings


~ I'm thankful for healthy, happy children.  Baby B had his 9 month well-child visit today and he's doing great!  21.5 lbs, 27.5 inches.  Short and chubby for his age, but exploring the house with his army crawl, thinking about pulling up on things, blowing raspberries everywhere, and eating dog food (along with the food that we feed him and anything else he can find on the floor to feed himself.)

~ I'm thankful for laughter. I'm thankful for my family who makes me laugh. I'm thankful for the ability to find humor in situations. I'm thankful for the knowledge that joy is more than happiness and laughter.

~ I'm thankful for modern medicine and for the ways it helps me stay healthy.  I didn't expect to be on blood pressure medication when I turned 40, but I'm thankful that there are so many options available.  Yes, we're tweaking medicines trying to find a better one for me right now.


~ I'm thankful for God's provision. Sometimes we wait. Sometimes we worry. Sometimes we make do or do without. But He provides for our needs, and sometimes even our wants.

~ I'm thankful for GOODWILL. Steve may get tired of 2 hour shopping trips at Goodwill and bills that are often higher than the pre-determined goal ... but there isn't any other place we could get that much clothes for $130. Half the family found needed clothes and shoes there yesterday. 4 pair of jeans, 2 purses, 1 pair of steel toed work shoes, 1 pair of sandals, 3 pair of nice tennis shoes (Skechers and New Balance), 1 pair of leather closed-heel clogs, 1 tote bag, 3 bras, 2 jackets, 25 shirts, and 2 pajama sets. 

~ I'm so thankful for all the ways that modern technology makes communicating simple, instant, and inexpensive.  Hearing from my college daughter almost daily makes me appreciate it even more.  But then I realize how bad I am about staying in touch with my own parents.  I should call them more often. 

What are you thankful for this weekend?

April E.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!