Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Homeschool Failures and other Funny Things

This morning, my 12 year old was avoiding his math book.  He's good at that.  His preferred method is to wander around the house talking to his older sisters.  After all, as long as he's getting along with them, surely I'll let him avoid his math ... right?  For some reason, in the middle of his meandering, he was struck with a new idea ... at least to him.

He walked up to me and said, "Hey, Mom!  You should have 24 kids and then you can name them after every letter of the alphabet!"

At that point, three voices informed him that there are 26 letters in the alphabet.  His two older sisters and I each corrected him.

He tried to cover for himself and asked, "So, what? Did they add two new ones or something?"

"Nope.  There were always 26.  Count them."

I just let the part about having that many kids slide.  I'm pretty sure we're about maxed out in our house.



In other funny news ...

I saw this blog post being passed around on facebook: A Ten Month Old's Letter To Santa

It's hilariously true.  I have a 9.5 month old right now and it just struck really close to home.  (Please know that I do not endorse the three implied curse-words in it. Even with the #(*# symbols, my mind filled in the blanks.)

In our home, old cell phones, old computer keyboards and broken mouses have always been favored toddler toys.

I wish I were this creative.  My blog would like it if I were that funny.  Oh well.

But, anyway -- if you have a little one, or have ever had a little one ... you should enjoy that blog post.



In the meantime, I'd better get back to homeschooling the kids.  Maybe we'll review the alphabet for awhile.

April E.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!