My kids have an ever-evolving list of rules for me to follow. Somehow, I just keep forgetting their rules, though, and they have to keep reminding me. I decided I'd better write the rules down so I don't forget again. ;)
1. I am not allowed to say "wonky". Apparently that word is just too weird.
2. I am not allowed to say "hunky dory". Apparently that is even worse than wonky. Who knew?
3. I am not allowed to say "spoil sport". No one says that. I should just say "party pooper" instead.
4. I am not allowed to dance. All attempts at dancing are met with "never do that again."
5. I am not allowed to flirt with my husband in front of them.
6. I am not allowed to kiss my husband in front of them.
7. I am not allowed to hug my husband in front of them.
8. I am not allowed to get my hair cut just like theirs.
9. I am not allowed to sing their favorite songs.
10. I am not allowed to tag them on facebook or comment on their friends photos of them on facebook.
Okay, I do try to honor their facebook request, so they don't decide to block me. And I don't want to embarrass them in front of their friends. But the rest of their rules ... just seem silly. I confess, it's fun to break those rules and irritate them just a little.
Posting this will probably mean they create a new rule, but when I was told today that I can't say spoil sport, I decided it was time take the battle to a new level.