Friday, March 7, 2014

The Good News ... and the Bad News

The good news is that I didn't kill my clothes dryer this week. The bad news is we have one less pillow after that feather pillow exploded inside the dryer. I could have sworn I've washed and dried feather pillows successfully before. 

The good news is that B's new sippy cups arrived in the mail yesterday. The bad news is that the "assorted colors" they sent are pink and purple with flowers. His 3 year old sister V was excited, and he's too young to mind ... yet.

The good news is that the snow was all melted yesterday morning. The bad news is that more snow fell an hour later. (Thankfully, it's gone again.)

The good news is that Spring is almost here. The bad news is that our road is now closed due to road and bridge re-construction. That's going to make life difficult as we'll need to take dirt roads to town, and have to go a couple miles out of our way at times.

The good news is that the chickens are laying again. The bad news is that I have another child starting to dislike egg meals. Egg meals were back on the weekly menu after our oldest went to college, but I probably need to back off of them for awhile.

The good news is that Steve sold a car last month. The bad news is that it was to the junk yard, because the transmission was shot.

The good news is that we only have ten weeks of school left. The bad news is we only have ten weeks of school left ... and a lot of material to cover.

I think the best news this week was that I didn't kill my dryer. I was afraid I had when I opened it up and saw feathers pasted everywhere, and all the vents filled with feathers, too.

Second best news is that Spring is almost here. The next ten days even have spring-like weather forecast. I hope the forecasters are correct.

April E.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!