Thursday, July 17, 2014

Moving On and Counting Down

Twenty years of marriage. Nine kids.  Steve and I aren't planning to have any more children, which means we are starting to look ahead to the next phase of life.

I only have one more child to wean, one more child to move out of my bedroom. 

I only have two more children to potty train, and three more children to teach to read.

I still have four children that haven't accepted Jesus as their Savior or asked to be baptized.

And I still have seven children to teach to drive, eight children to graduate, and nine to guide as they move onto their adult lives.   Ouch!

Okay, so it will be a long while until we're in the empty nest stage, but we ARE moving out of the baby stage.

From here on out, we'll be having "last" moments:  last child in diapers, last child to wear this outfit, last child to play with this toy.  It will be a new experience for us, to no longer have to save things for the next child, though we will be saving some things for the possible grandchildren who will visit.

Life is full of changes, and this is just another one.

April E.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!