Monday, August 18, 2014

Another good bedtime book - Goodnight, Ark by Laura Sassi

I love bedtime stories.  I collect them. I especially love well-illustrated books.

Goodnight, Ark is a humorous bedtime story that imagines what the ark might have been like as the storm raged outside and the animals tried to settle down inside. It isn't historically accurate.  It isn't Biblically accurate.  But it's not blasphemous, and it's a lot of fun.

The illustrations by Jane Chapman are bright and humorous. The animals are full of energy and and life, and every page has motion and activity.  I love the details she includes, like a branch planted in a pot for the butterflies to live on.

My 3 year old daughter loved the book, and the pictures and short rhyming text holds the attention of my 1 year old son ... fairly well. Which is actually saying a lot.  I like how the story starts calmly, gains momentum and motion, and then settles down as Noah tucks the animals into bed.  It's a nice  book to read as I tuck my own little ones into bed.



If you love bedtime stories, and are looking for some fun new books to enjoy with the little ones in your life, I recommend Goodnight, Ark.  It gets two thumbs up here.  One from me, and one from my 3 year old daughter.

April E.

Disclaimer: This book was given to me free for review purposes. I was not required to post a positive review, and no other compensation was received.  Thanks, Book Look Boggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!