As I started thinking about 2015 and where I am in life right now as a Christian wife, mother, and citizen of the world only one thing came to mind: PRAY! I tried to come up with a word to describe how we are to pray instead - steadfast, persevering, continually - but decided it is simplest to just leave it at PRAY.
For years I've been hoping for more love, joy, peace, grace, and to know God better. The best way to achieve any of those is through prayer. I need the reminder to PRAY.
- I long for my children to draw closer to God. PRAY!
- I fear for my husband's safety as he commutes to work each day. PRAY!
- Life is full of difficult decisions. PRAY!
- I need wisdom to know when to hold my tongue, when to speak, and what to say. PRAY!
- Projects and needs often exceed the available finances. PRAY!
- The demands of my family stretches my emotional and physical reserves. PRAY!
- Knowing what and whom to prioritize is difficult. PRAY!
"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."
"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus."
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
"If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind ... But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere."
James 1:5-6 and James 3:17
Do you have a word for 2015? Do you also need to focus on prayer?