Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The days are long, but the years are fleeting!

Sometimes the days are very long. I've got a 19 year old daughter and the years did fly by. But it's hard to remember that some days when the kids are fighting, the house is a mess, and there is just noise everywhere.

The days seem to never end when nothing gets done without debates, discussions and discipline. The days when you tuck the kids into bed and the only thing you want to pray is "Thank you God that this day is over."  Instead you pray that they will have good dreams, that you will both wake up in a better mood and that tomorrow will be a good day.

I have a lot of those days. Every day has its special moments when I remember how blessed I am. But every day also has its hard, deep-breathing-for-sanity moments.

Today is one of those long, hard days. I am daydreaming about homeschool conventions where I could run away for a couple days, sip fancy coffees, stay in a fancy hotel, and just be alone for awhile.  (Because crowded homeschool conventions are so lonely, I know.)

Never mind that it's totally non-feasible for me to run away for a couple days alone when we still have 8 kids at home that need adult supervision, and a couple that really need Mom to keep them calm.

So I guess I'll just pray this day ends on a more peaceful note, and maybe daydream a little more about that homeschool convention paradise.

Just being real,
April E.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!