Thursday, January 22, 2015

Yes, this is a self-congratulating list!

I am sick. I am congested, coughing, and my throat hurts. I have tissues piled around me at the computer (until I get up and throw them away) and my nose is red and sore from blowing it so much. Cough drops, ibuprofen, mucinex, and hot drinks are my friends. Life goes on whether I have the energy for it or not. Consequently, the house is a mess.

I haven't accomplished very much this week, so I decided to try to make myself feel better about myself by listing the things I did achieve:
  1. I finally got the four year old into underwear during the day!
  2. We celebrated my 11 year old's birthday.
  3. Everyone was fed.
  4. I got my husband packed and out the door on a business trip.
  5. I survived his 2 day trip during the worst part of my illness.
  6. Some schoolwork was finished, but not all.
  7. I got the kids to their 4H skit practice and Wednesday night church.
  8. I ordered birthday gifts for my soon to be 18 year old.
  9. I took care of the final details for my 17 year old to start her dual-enrollment college classes.
  10. I took my 5 year old to the dentist with 3 other kids in tow.
  11. I gave my husband a hair cut before he left on his trip.
  12. We all made it through most of the week with our sanity intact.
  13. I loved my family.
Hmm.  I was going to try to get to 15 things, but I can't think of anything else. I hate ending on 13. Not because I'm superstitious, but because it's just not an even place to stop. Never mind that it shows how completely non-productive I've been this week. But, the good news is I'm starting to feel a bit better. Still not great, but not quite as much like death warmed over.

Wait!  I updated my calendar. That's my 14th accomplishment!

Watching my 11 year old son pester his 4 year old sister right now I think number 15 should be ... I survived the boys being cooped up inside.

So that's 15 things I actually did this week ... along with blow my nose, drink copious amounts of coffee, and suck on cough drops pretty much non-stop.

 I hope your week has been more productive than mine.

April E.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!