Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Looks Like Summer: Harvest, More Flowers, and Summer Fun (episode four)

We just got home from a family reunion, with lots of good memories, where I didn't take a single picture. Terrible, I know. I'm feeling especially blessed right now, with family and love, and where we live. Wheat is being harvested and I am realizing how much I love being surrounded by farms and watching crops be seeded, grow, and be harvested through the seasons. Wheat harvest is my favorite, though.
A photo posted by April E (@elcloudapril) on


Monday night I picked up my son from baseball practice, sweat pouring down his face, and took him to Sonic for a small half-price shake. We drove home past wheat fields being harvested and down the back roads, where we saw a deer and the almost-full moon up before it was even dark. We got home, discovered one of our mama cats had given birth when she came up to us skinny and very eager to eat, which means we have more kittens somewhere in our garage. Walked into the house and saw 19 yo A playing Yahtzee with the younger kids. Just love and joy and peace everywhere.

A photo posted by April E (@elcloudapril) on


A photo posted by April E (@elcloudapril) on


A photo posted by April E (@elcloudapril) on


A photo posted by April E (@elcloudapril) on


A photo posted by April E (@elcloudapril) on


I think this is the absolutely last flower that is going to bloom this year. Anything else will be a surprise to me. I'll be watching for wildflowers, I guess.

A photo posted by April E (@elcloudapril) on

This week, my 18 year old daughter is moving into her own apartment. Which means the 16 year old is chomping at the bit to move into the 18 year olds' bedroom, after sharing a bedroom her whole life.  My house is a wreck between that, and being gone for the reunion. I have some work to do.

Enjoy your summer!
April E.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!