But when my 10 year old son was given the assignment of writing sentences using specific verbs in past tense, this is what I got:
- swim - "She swam past a waterfall." (Okay, that's not bad.)
- wear - "She wore underwear." (Here we go, but it gets worse.)
- blow - "She blew her fart away." (Sigh.)
- eat - "She ate her boogers." (Sigh ... again.)
- tear - "Tears were shed when she farted." (Oops - he used tear as a noun not a verb.)
- drink - "She drank her own pee." (Maybe a few too many survival shows?)
But my daughters would never have written these sentences. Never. Homeschooling boys is a challenge at times, but I'm so thankful I get to be their teacher.
Read Teaching Grammar To A 10 Year Old Boy, Part 2.