Friday, May 7, 2010

Beeyoutiful's Baby Body Lotion




I love the smell of lavender!  Not those fake lavender scents, but true essence of lavender, or lavender essential oil.  I also enjoy the relaxing aromatherapy benefits of lavender, and its cleansing properties.

Of course, I was pleased when I received the Baby Body Lotion from Beeyoutiful with its blend of lavender and chamomile essential oils.  This baby lotion has gentle ingredients and natural oils in it.  It has a light creamy texture, and a pleasing scent.  I love the lavender/chamomile scent, and wish it lasted longer on your skin.  Some people might find the scent a bit strong when first applied, but it doesn't cling heavily to your skin.

My one year old loves to have lotion rubbed on him.  I placed the Beeyoutiful Baby Body Lotion on the changing table, and he often brings it to me, wanting some rubbed on his hands or arms.  When I massage it into his hands, he giggles and flashes the biggest smile at me.  I also use it on my hands throughout the day, and occasionally on my face.  Neither of us have had any reactions to this lotion. 

My only complaint with the lotion isn't truly a complaint.  I developed very dry hands over the winter, and the Beeyoutiful Baby Body Lotion could only provide temporary relief to that dryness.  But, that was true of all the lotions in our home.  I recently had to buy a lotion specifically intended for extremely dry skin in order to heal my hands.

The Beeyoutiful Baby Body Lotion comes in a 6 oz. bottle, which is sold for $13.00.  As much as I love this lotion, that price (plus shipping) is more than we will likely spend.  While I know that natural ingredients cost more for the manufacturer, and they're healthier for us to use, it's just not in our budget to buy natural products.  Unless our next baby has extremely sensitive skin, I doubt we will replace this bottle. 

This item was provided free for our review as a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew.  We received no other compensation, and this review is our honest opinion.  Click the TOS Homeschool Crew banner at the top to read more reviews on this product by other Homeschool Crew members.

Trusting In Him,
April