Thursday, March 26, 2020

The Simple Woman's Daybook: March 26, 2020



http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/
http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/ 
For Today - March 26, 2020

Looking out my window - I see gray, foggy skies over our spring green wheat field.

I am thinking - that I'm feeling as dreary as the day.

I am thankful - that we homeschool and do live in the country and are already somewhat accustomed to being socially distant from others.


One of my favorite things - wrapping my hands around a mug of nice, hot coffee.

I am creating - lists of Easter gifts and homeschool supplies we need for next year.


I am wearing - a floral tshirt under a charcoal gray wool cardigan, jeans, wool socks and Crocs.

I am reading - Little Women (still) and the Psalms.

I am hoping - this Coronavirus quarantine doesn't drag on forever and ever.

I am learning - that this introvert misses the fellowship of her church family VERY much.

In my kitchen - the dishes need to be washed and I'm trying to decide what supper will be. Something with ground beef, but will it be chili, burritos, or a spicy hashbrown and beef one-pot meal?

In the school room - we have moved into the Colonial period of American history and the American Revolution. We can't use the library for the foreseeable future, but our own shelves of books and educational DVDs had enough to cover these last few weeks of school. Kids are working their way through their own math, language arts and science books, as well.



In my garden - it's too early to plant anything, but the Siberian Squill is blooming.



Post Script - Ann Voskamp wrote about overcoming fear through giving thanks yesterday. Exercise your gratitude muscle.  https://annvoskamp.com/2020/03/the-secret-muscle-you-need-to-crush-fear-seize-joy-be-strong-in-a-crisis/

Shared Quote - "Faith is not the absence of fear. It is confidence in the presence of God that is bigger than any fear I will face."  ~ Pastor David Redmond 3/22/2020


A moment from my day - My new coffee table book, which provided very timely and interesting reading yesterday.




Closing Notes - Are you keeping a journal of some sort during this COVID-19 social distancing campaign? I haven't been, other than my social media posts, but thinking about journaling reminded me of The Simple Woman's Daybook, so here I am.

April E.