Monday, November 9, 2020

Review: To Read or Not To Read - A Literary Journal for the Book Lover's Soul

I love reading, and I have written more than my share of reviews on my blog and given lots of verbal reviews to others. Sometimes, though I can't recall what book it was that held a specific quote or idea. I know that some people keep quote journals, but I haven't started one.

To Read or Not To Read: A literary journal for the book lover's soul has a solution for all of that. The journal has a standard format on two-page spreads throughout the book for recording each book that you read. You can list it's author, publishing date, the reason you read it, give it a star rating, include notes from the book, your review, and the main thing you learned from the book.  There is an index included at the beginning where you can list the book title and know what page to turn to for the review. 

 
Each two-page spread includes a literary quote, or a piece of trivia about literature, authors, or books in general. 
 

The cover of the book is elegant, with a soft-cover that has a thick, leather-like feel to it. The pages inside are lovely and beautifully designed.  In addition to the book review pages, there are additional lists and rankings  pages scattered throughout the book for you to record your opinions on genres and books. 


Overall, this is a wonderful gift idea for the bibliophile in your life. In our family, that would primarily be my 21 year old daughter. I wish I'd started a journal like this when I was younger. Besides being helpful for my own personal memory, it would also provide a record of my changing tastes and patterns. If you write book reviews online, this can be a starting place to pull your thoughts together before posting a finished review. If you only want to write reviews for your personal and family enjoyment, To Read or Not To Read is also perfect for that.

April E.